ACCA is the driving force behind the revitalization of the heart of Pittsburgh’s North Side. In cooperation with residents as well as private and public partners, we continually work toward achieving the community’s shared vision to transform all of our neighborhood’s vacant lots and empty storefronts and fill them with thriving individuals, commerce and families of all kinds.
Key projects, initiatives and accomplishments:
- With the community, developed a Master Plan that defines the vision for the future for the neighborhood
- Develop housing for individuals and families, including Federal Hill, a highly successful townhome project
- Lead the process to restore or replace more than 50 vacant lots and blighted buildings throughout the neighborhood
- Guide public space and public safety improvements, including the installation of security cameras in targeted locations
- Spearheaded the development of the Garden Theater Block. After decades of community effort, formerly shuttered buildings in the Federal/North corridor are alive with commerce including Crazy Mocha (coffee shop), Deli on North, El Burro Comedor, and the Allegheny branch of the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh. Soon this landmark section of the neighborhood will have a new life with City of Asylum Pittsburgh’s Alphabet City, Arde (Italian restaurant), and other retail establishments.
- Created and manage a Property Reserve Program to facilitate the redevelopment of tax-delinquent properties
- With a grant from the Neighborhood Allies, held the Great House Sale, a project targeting people who may have previously been priced out of the real estate market