This is a Recycling Week.
Curbside Refuse/Bulk and Recycling Collection Service for residents of Allegheny City Central is Friday – unless it is delayed because of a holiday (see holidays below). Place your refuse and recycling at the curb no earlier than 7:00 pm on Thursday evening and no later than 6:00 am on Friday morning.
Curbside Services Schedule
- Refuse – Weekly
- Recycling – Every other week
- Bulky Waste – Weekly (Limit two items)
- Yard Debris – Biannual
Environmental Services observes the following holidays. When a holiday falls on or before your collection day, your pick-up will be one day later.
- New Years Day: Monday, January 1, 2018
- Martin Luther King Day: Monday, January 15, 2018
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 28, 2018
- Independence Day: Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- Labor Day: Monday, September 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Christmas: Tuesday, December 25, 2018
Please do the following to help prevent service interruptions or missed pick-ups:
- Set-out your bags/bins by no later than 6:00 a.m. on your collection day
- Keep your refuse and recycling separate and clearly marked containers (recycling must be in blue bags or bins)
- Be sure that your containers are 35 gallons or less
- Do not include unaccepted items
- If your refuse or recycling has not been picked-up as scheduled, please call us at 412-255-2773
The City Does Not Collect
- Carpeting installed by a professional
- Bricks, cement, glass blocks, marble or stone countertops
- Other construction, building, or explosive material
- Medical, hazardous, infectious, or flammable material
- Car and automobile parts
For more information, contact the City of Pittsburgh by calling 412-255-2773.