Holiday Camps at Carnegie Science Center are a great way to get kids to use their brains. Your kids will have so much fun they won’t even realize all of the exciting science they’re learning, even when school is out! For more information about any of the Holiday Camps, or to register, visit the Holiday Camps event page.
Monday, December 26
- Art + Science: Discover all of the fun and creative ways art and science can work together. Make designs with bubbles, paint with salt, and even draw with a robot! For ages 6 – 8.
- Minecraft: Use the popular cubed world of Minecraft and examine the real science from the game. Spend time exploring and building in a cooperative 3D world. For ages 9 – 12.
- Science of Me: Learn about the most unique organism on the planet….YOU! Discover the amazing bones, organs, and tissues that make you, you! For ages 4 – 5.
Tuesday, December 27
- Extreme Machines: Do you love gadgets and gears? Experiment with electricity and motors as you discover how things work! For ages 9 – 12.
- Mission Possible: Become a special agent for a day as you create a secret identity, build gadgets, and send coded messages. For ages 6 – 8.
- Things That Go: From airplanes to cars, learn all about things that go. Explore the vehicles that we see on land, in water, and up in the sky, and even make one of your own! For ages 4 – 5.
Wednesday, December 28
- Jr. Wizard: Is it magic or is it science? Become a real-life wizard when you make objects shrink and expand, change color, and even disappear! For ages 6 – 8.
- My Place in Space: Blast off to explore our planet, solar system, galaxy, and beyond. Discover your place in all of that space! For ages 4 – 5.
- Robotics: What makes a robot a robot? Interact with and program various robots. Move through a maze, draw pictures, and complete simple tasks, all with a robot you control! For ages 9 – 12.
Thursday, December 29
- Engineering Challenge: Do you have what it takes to be an engineer? Tackle a series of trials designed to test your problem solving skills. Build towers, bridges, and much more! For ages 6 – 8.
- Upcycle Science: Go green and save the environment by repurposing old household items into brand new masterpieces! Discover creative ways to reduce and reuse materials. For ages 9 – 12.
- Weather Wonders: Learn about one thing that affects everyone – wild and wacky weather! Learn about different types of weather, explore the heat of the sun, and more. For ages 4 – 5.
Friday, December 30
- Gingerbread Engineers: Become an engineer and design and build your own house using tasty treats. Finish the class with some candy cane science experiments. For ages 4 – 5.
- Medical Mysteries: Don your scrubs and become a doctor for a day as you uncover the mysteries of the human body. For ages 9 – 12.
- Programming with Scratch: Combine this simple programming language and your imagination to create your own interactive stories, animations, or games. For ages 6 – 8.