In ancient times, Buddha asked all the animals to meet him on Chinese New Year. Twelve came, and Buddha named a year after each one. Come to the Children’s Museum to celebrate the Chinese year 4715, the Year of the Rooster, with Silk Screen Asian Arts and Culture Organization. Make art, enjoy live music, and join the Steel Dragon Lion Dance Team for a parade through the Museum! The fun events of the day include:
- Explore calligraphy with guest artist, Ming Rui, and make a sign for the parade
- Join the Steel Dragon Lion Dance Team for a parade into the Theater
- Make Korean Yuk Sticks with Pitt Asian Studies Center in front of the Theater
- Taste some favorite teas and learn about the Vietnamese 5 Fruit Tray tradition
- Learn dance moves from Yanlai Dance Academy and enjoy music by Purple Bamboo
The Lunar New Year Celebration will take place on Saturday, February 4, from 12:00 until 4:00 pm at the Children’s Museum.