The One Northside Parent Success Network is hosting its inaugural mini-conference in response to the needs of Northside parents. Partnering organizations include the Carnegie Science Center, Pittsburgh King’s Parent Community Volunteer Network, Allegheny Partners for Out-of-School Time (APOST), CCAC, and A+ Schools.
The Session Topics include:
- Earning a GED
- Gainful employment regardless of your past
- Financial literacy/Smart money habits for families
- Strategies for coping with trauma
- Managing stress and time management in your personal and professional life
- Advocating for your child’s diagnoses and/or individualized education program (IEP) at school
The Parent Conference will be held at Carnegie Science Center on Wednesday, April 26 from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm. The Conference is free, but registration is required and available online. Registration will include breakfast, lunch, transportation, childcare, and a chance to win a raffle basket. For more information, please email Amber Farr.
A Job Fair will also be held on April 26 from 9:30 am until 1:00 pm. It is also free. No registration is necessary for the Job Fair.