Celebrate the legacy of the master of macabre, George Romero, with an adult-only zombie homecoming party at Carnegie Science Center! Suit up in your best Halloween attire, and get ready to party with an unparalleled view of the city skyline in PointView Hall. It’s spooky science and more on the night of the living dead! During the 21+ Night, participants can:
- View a screening of the George Romero classic, Creepshow, and explore activities and demonstrations from the anthology film. See creeping cockroaches, discover plants that kill, and more!
- Observe live brains with Carnegie Mellon University Professor Timothy Verstynen as he shares his lecture on, “The Living Dead Brain: What human brains teach us about zombie minds”
- Go behind-the-scenes with the team behind the “godfather of gore” Tom Savini’s Special Make-Up Effects Program, and see special effects art in action
- Watch short films, inspired by Romero, from the Douglas Education Center’s George A. Romero’s Filmmaking Program, and meet the filmmakers
- Enjoy a FREE zombie-themed rum sample from Maggie’s Farm Rum
- Plus, enjoy music, cash bars, four floors of exhibit exploration, and no kids!
21+ Night: Romero Lives will be held on Friday, October 12 from 6:00 to 10:00 pm at Carnegie Science Center. For more information, or to purchase your tickets, visit the 21+ Night event page.