ARTLab is a hands-on, drop-in, interactive activity designed for Mattress Factory visitors of all ages. During ARTLab, participants are invited to explore, play, and experiment with projects inspired by current exhibitions, artists, and ideas. ARTLab is held at the Mattress Factory on the first and third Saturdays of the month from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
Upcoming ARTLab sessions include:
- September 1: Using a hand-held device and recycled materials, create and shoot your own original collage animations.
- September 15: Create a project inspired by the Mattress Factory’s permanent collection!
- October 6: Collaborate with a Pittsburgh-based zine artist and create your own small zines!
- October 20: A Very Kusama Halloween. Carve and paint your own jack-o-lanterns inspired by Mattress Factory artist Yayoi Kusama.
- November 3: Make a collaborative project using spray chalk, inspired by Artists in Residence artists Os Gemeos.
- November 17: Scherenschnitte – Learn about the art of paper-cutting and create your own illustrations with Pittsburgh-based artist Kathryn Carr.
- December 1: Enjoy an activity inspired by Artists in Residence artist Christina West.
- December 15: Celebrate the holiday season by making handmade decorations using decoupage and found materials.
- February 2: Enjoy an activity led by Artist in Residence artist Lelah Mehran.
ARTLab is free with Museum admission and all ages are welcome. If you need more information, send an email to email@example.com. View the Mattress Factory Calendar to find the most updated information regarding events of the ARTLab program.