Discover the science behind science fiction as Carnegie Science Center hosts a celebration of all things Sci‑Fi! This year marks the 50th anniversary of the creation of Star Trek, and Carnegie Science Center wants you to join in their celebration. During the 21+ Night: Sci-Fi event, you will:
- Watch the motion picture Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
- Snap a selfie with a Stormtrooper from Garrison Carida, a member of the Rebel Legion.
- Mingle with members of the Steel City Ghostbusters.
- See the Pittsburgh Ecto-1, a replica of the ghost busting hearse, or the Steel City Time Machine.
- Discover the origins of Science Fiction starting with Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein in the Works Theater show, Frankenscience.
- Make your own ectoplasm slime to take home.
- For a few dollars more, you can watch Special Effects at Rangos Omnimax Theater. This throwback show from 1996 explores special effects techniques used in motion pictures, including re-creation of several of the most breathtaking shots from the original Star Wars film, and backstage looks at the making of Lucasfilm’s epic Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition.
21+ Night: Sci-Fi will be held at Carnegie Science Center on Friday, April 15, from 6:00 until 10:00 pm. For more information, or to purchase your tickets, visit 21+ Night webpage.
Carnegie Science Center, 1 Allegheny Avenue, Pittsburgh