Get Ready for a Block Party Near You!
The Block Party, a project of One Northside and the Buhl Foundation, is a series of mini arts festivals that will call attention to, and celebrate, the valuable resources and local identities of the eighteen Northside neighborhoods of Pittsburgh. The project will partner with local social and creative organizations to develop a unique urban experience for each neighborhood.
The first Block Party will be held in Spring Hill on Sunday, May 1, from 4:00 to 7:00 pm. The Party will take place in the new Asylgärten Park, a large lot owned by the Spring Hill Civic League that is currently undergoing a renovation as a welcoming community space.
During the Spring Hill Block Party:
- Food trucks will be onsite
- Stories about the neighborhood are being collected onsite by The Saturday Light Brigade.
- Hands-on activities with Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse and Little House Big Art.
- Public art with AIR: Artists Image Resource
- Refreshments featuring the local, in-progress brewery, Spring Hill Brewing
- Activities with Mattress Factory – Museum of Contemporary Art
- Historical photos courtesy of Allegheny City Historic Gallery