During the summer, enjoy free live music outside in the sunshine at Buhl Community Park and Nova Place. Bring your lunch and enjoy family-friendly concerts on a solar-powered sound system.
A project of the Children’s Museum, The Saturday Light Brigade, and Nova Place, the Solar Concert Series presents live music from 12:15 to 1:00 pm on Thursdays from July to September. In the event of inclement weather, shows will be held inside at The Grand Concourse of Nova Place.
For more details, visit the Solar Concert Series event page.
The Scheduled Solar Concerts Include:
- Appalasia: Thursday, July 22 at Buhl Community Park
An evocative performance of dulcimer, erhu, banjo, and vocals.
- Trio Nova: Thursday, July 29 at Nova Place
Bossa Nova, Bolero, Tango, Cha Cha, Mambo, and Latin Jazz.
- Tai Chirovsky: Thursday, August 5 at Buhl Community Park
Singer-songwriter performs beautiful folk rock originals.
- Feralcat: Thursday, August 12 at Nova Place
Music performed by artist, saxophonist, and composer, Roger Rafael Romero.
- Casey Deely: Thursday, August 19 at Buhl Community Park
Renditions of classic jazz and blues standards, along with contemporary greats.
- Monkey Goddess: Thursday, August 26 at Nova Place
A combination of global musical influences such as Tuvan throat singing, beatbox, bamboo flutes, afro-Latin rhythm, classical clarinet, electronic production, guitar, harmonica, banjo, and more.
- Bombici Akustik: Thursday, September 9 at Buhl Community Park
Horns, tapan, and tuba come together to play your favorite Balkan hits.
- The Red Beans & Rice Combo: Thursday, September 16 at Nova Place
New Orleans R&B and ‘50s Rock.
- The Morning People: Thursday, September 23 at Buhl Community Park
Singer-song writer plays indie alternative dream pop.
- Roger Day and Janice Coppola from KleZlectic: Thursday, September 30 at Nova Place
Jewish folk music and contemporary Klezmer.