Enjoy free live music outside in the sunshine at Buhl Community Park at Allegheny Square. Bring your lunch and enjoy family-friendly concerts on a solar-powered sound system on Wednesdays at 12:15 pm in July and August. The 11th Annual Solar Concert Series is a project of The Saturday Light Brigade and Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh.
This year’s Solar Concert Series lineup includes:
- July 11: 1Hood Media – Pittsburgh based collective of socially conscious artists and activists who utilize art as a means of raising awareness about social justice matters affecting people around the world.
- July 18: Avi Diamond – Avi draws inspiration from artists ranging from Ella Fitzgerald to Radiohead, and more recently Brandi Carlile and Lianne la Havas.
- July 25: Scott and Rosanna – Acoustic duo, Scott and Rosanna, stamp their signature folk / jazzy style on their wide repertoire of tunes elevated through the use of guitar looping.
- August 1: Afro Yaqui Collective – The Collective is a multicultural big band that explores the intersection of Indigenous music within the language of jazz.
- August 8: Sierra Sellers – Seirra grew up on a steady stream of R&B, rock, country, and gospel thanks to her family’s eclectic taste.
- August 15: Dan Getkin and the Twelve Six – This group is a rocking alt-country band from Pittsburgh drawing inspiration from Ryan Adams, Jackson Browne, and Wilco.
- August 22: Chet Vincent – Chet is a singer-songwriter with folk, country, and rock influences.
- August 29: Tim Vitullo Band – Tim is one of Pittsburgh’s most promising young talents that exudes Americana blues and roots rock peppered with jazz and a dash of folk.